Types of Testing
When you come in for testing at Allies, our Health Advocate will talk with about your personal risk factors and which test(s) make the most sense for you.
- HIV: We offer the Alere rapid HIV test, which provides results in approximately 20 minutes. An Allies Health Advocate will talk with you about your questions and concerns while you wait.
- Hepatitis C: Like the rapid test for HIV, you will have your results back in 20 minutes. If you need to be treated, the Allies Health Advocate can walk you down the hall to our Medical Clinic or connect you other providers.
- STIs: Allies screens for a number of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), with lab results available in a week to 10 days (except for Syphilis results). If you test positive or if you are showing symptoms, an Allies Health Advocate can schedule an appointment in our clinic or refer you to other treatment providers. Allies provides free testing for:
- Syphilis (rapid test)
During the COVID-19 – Coronavirus situation, walk-ins will not be accepted for testing. Please call 412-345-7456 for an appointment.
Testing is available at our office at:
5913 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh PA, 15206
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM Monday through Friday, by appointment only. To make an appointment, call 412-345-7456.
- We will not be offering testing on Wednesday evenings or Sundays until further notice.
- HIV, STI and Hep C testing is available at the Allies office only – we will not be testing at any other locations.