Types of Testing
When you come in for testing at Allies, our Health Advocate will talk with about your personal risk factors and which test(s) make the most sense for you.
- HIV: We offer the Chembio rapid HIV test, which provides results in approximately 20 minutes. An Allies Health Advocate will talk with you about your questions and concerns while you wait.
- Hepatitis C: Like the rapid test for HIV, you will have your results back in 20 minutes. If you need to be treated, the Allies Health Advocate can walk you down the hall to our Medical Clinic or connect you with other providers.
- STIs: Allies screens for a number of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), with lab results available in three to five days for gonorrhea and chlamydia. Syphilis test results take about 15 minutes. If you test positive or if you are showing symptoms, an Allies Health Advocate can schedule an appointment in our clinic or refer you to other treatment providers. Allies provides free testing for:
- Syphilis – rapid test
- Chlamydia – urine testing, oral and rectal swabs
- Gonorrhea – urine testing, oral and rectal swabs
Due to COVID-19, walk-in testing is suspended until further notice. Please call 412-345-7456 for an appointment.
Testing is available at our office at:
5913 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh PA, 15206
- 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays
- 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sundays
Testing is available by appointment only. To make an appointment, call 412-345-7456.
Allies is now testing in the community with our mobile testing unit. Check out the events calendar for dates and locations.