Fundraising & Development Intern / Volunteer
The Intern / Volunteer will work with Allies professionals to extend donor cultivation efforts, and support marketing operations and activities for annual fundraiser, the Allies Ball. The intern / volunteer will build knowledge and skill sets associated with nonprofit development, relationship building, prioritization of responsibilities, and event logistics.
To improve health and well-being, ALLIES provides integrated medical care, supportive human services, and community-based education for individuals living with, or at risk of HIV, viral hepatitis, and sexually transmitted infections.
ALLIES envisions a healthier community whereby people access integrated medical care and supportive human services in a respectful setting, free of stigma and discrimination.
- Assist with pre-event activities such as mailings, volunteer solicitation and coordination, and communication with vendors
- Set-up and breakdown day of the event (March 21, 2020)
- Attend Allies Ball (March 21, 2020)
- Research and identify individuals at local organizations and corporations who can serve as liaisons for the Young Allies program
- Assess level of interest and potential involvement with Young Allies program
- Assist with planning and operations of Young Allies events
- Write article for Allies’ bi-monthly newsletter highlighting Young Allies program
- Take photographs for social media outreach
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Mechanics of planning and working both large and small events
- Exceptional phone etiquette
- Solicit information and interest via multiple communication channels
- Written communication that reflects ability to write clearly, accurately, and persuasively
- Editing and proofreading
- Maintain confidentiality of donor information and circumstances
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite, email, and data management software, ideally related to donor cultivation and maintenance
This is an unpaid opportunity. Ideally, the candidate will be enrolled in a program of study related to communications, marketing, or similar fields of study. Credit towards either an undergraduate or graduate program will be determined based on academic criteria. Relevant work or volunteer experience with the associated responsibilities is required.
We anticipate that the intern/volunteer would be available two days a week or approximately 8-10 hours a week. More hours will be required as events occur or in the days preceding them. Hours outside the typical business day also can be expected.
How To Apply
A resume and letter of interest may be emailed to email@example.com.