Communications + Events Coordinator
The Communications + Events Coordinator is responsible for assisting with Allies’ marketing, communications, public relations, fundraising and special events efforts in order to increase and enhance the public’s awareness of Allies’ services, nurture donor support, maintain brand messaging, and advance our ability to fulfill our commitments expressed in our mission. This position creates and maintains channels through which information is shared between the agency and its many audiences. The position reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager but will receive significant guidance from the Director of Community Health and work closely with Allies Leadership and staff.
To improve health and well-being, Allies provides integrated medical care, supportive human services, and community-based education for individuals living with, or at risk of HIV, viral hepatitis, and sexually transmitted infections.
Allies envisions a healthier community whereby people access integrated medical care and supportive human services in a respectful setting, free of stigma and discrimination.
- Implement strategies from the comprehensive PR, marketing and communications plan as directed
- Coordinate all event logistics and details for fund development events including the Allies Ball, community-based fundraising and donor-stewardship events
- Source, obtain, and track event sponsorships and in-kind contributions
- Foster relationships with community partners
- Create quality materials including print, digital/online content and promotional items to strengthen the Allies brand
- Track data and provide reports on social media analytics and other marketing priorities in keeping with the agency’s strategic plan.
- Coordinate production of collateral that is outsourced to outside agencies.
- Coordinate outreach events and the supply of materials for them in collaboration with community health staff
- Maintain/update Allies’ website
- Produce Allies’ newsletter and maintain email database of subscribers
- Maintain and update databases, mailing lists, telephone networks and tickler systems
- Seek out up-to-date information about Allies’ programs and services, as well as relevant local, regional and national health statistics that will inform and support our Mission
- Improve job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations and best practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Embrace and exemplify organizational standards and guiding principles for processes, protocols, and utilization
- Commit to Allies’ promise to sustain and extend diversity, equity and inclusion
- Contribute to efforts which build and reinforce Allies’ distinctive, effective and ethical practices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Integration of marketing and public relations as part of larger Development strategies
- Experience within the health and human services industry
- Written communication that reflects the ability to write clearly, accurately, persuasively and for a variety of targeted audiences
- Prioritization and management of time sensitive projects
- Work with diverse communities ideally LGBT+, minority youth, or minority women
- Maintain confidentiality of donor information and circumstances
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative suite or similar software
A bachelor’s degree in a communications or public relations related field and two years of fund development/event coordination experience OR relevant work experience with the associated responsibilities is required.
The Communications + Events Coordinator may be called upon to engage in physical activity related to general office work including the capacity to lift 35 lbs. and stand or sit for extended periods. The incumbent will also be required to travel locally for meetings, events, etc. Current PA child abuse, PA criminal history, Federal criminal history clearances, and verification of TB test performed within the last year are required within the first 30 days of employment.
Resume, cover letter and salary requirements can be sent to Mark Marsen, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through Jan. 25, 2021.