Communications + Outreach Coordinator
The Communications + Outreach Coordinator is responsible for generating and integrating the operational elements of public relations and communication initiatives which drive a broader awareness of Allies’ services, nurture donor support, maintain brand messaging, and advance our ability to fulfill our commitments expressed in our Mission. This position creates and maintains the channels through which information is shared between the agency and its many audiences. The position reports to the Chief Development Officer but will receive significant guidance from the Director of Community Health and work closely with Allies Leadership and staff.
To improve health and well-being, ALLIES provides integrated medical care, supportive human services, and community-based education for individuals living with, or at risk of HIV, viral hepatitis, and sexually transmitted infections.
ALLIES envisions a healthier community whereby people access integrated medical care and supportive human services in a respectful setting, free of stigma and discrimination.
- Develop a comprehensive PR, communications and marketing plan that incorporates and advances goals across departments to ensure fund development, agency services, and outreach programming are organized as parts of annual and longer-term strategic plans
- Ensures the development of quality branded materials including print material, digital/online content and promotional items
- Creates original materials or integrates outsourced projects
- Organizes Outreach events and the supply of materials for them
- Monitors and manages the completion of outsourced elements such as those associated with digital marketing, social media and print materials
- Attend creative meetings and community events as needed to develop strong understanding of content development specific to various communities and a positive representation of Allies
- Monitor programmatic and general marketing expenses throughout the year to gauge progress towards goals using fiscal parameters
- Assist with internal messages to encourage and nurture employee engagement
- Actively maintains up-to-date information about Allies’ programs and services, as well as relevant local, regional and national health statistics that will inform and support our Mission
- Improve job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations and best practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Integration of marketing and public relations as part of larger Development strategies
- Experience within the health and human services industry
- Written communication that reflects the ability to write clearly, accurately, persuasively and for a variety of targeted audiences
- Prioritization and management of time sensitive projects
- Work with diverse communities ideally LGBT+, minority youth, or minority women
- Maintain confidentiality of donor information and circumstances
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
A Bachelor’s Degree in a communications or public relations related degree and two years of development experience OR relevant work experience with the associated responsibilities is required.
The Communications + Outreach Coordinator will be called upon to engage in physical activity related to general office work including the capacity to lift 35 lbs. and stand or sit for extended periods. Current PA child abuse, PA criminal history, and Federal criminal history clearances are required within the first 30 days of employment.