Case Manager Housing Coordinator
The case manager ensures that Allies’ clients living with HIV/AIDS have access to necessary housing, food, medical, mental health, drug & alcohol and legal services by engaging them in the service planning process, and providing education, counseling and referrals which promote optimal health and independent living. Additionally, this position will coordinate the permanent supportive housing program available through HUD (Housing and Urban Development). Allies provides medical and non-medical case management services to clients in Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Somerset, Washington and Westmoreland counties. The position will work collaboratively with other Client Services staff, our health advocates, and a multitude of agencies.
To improve health and well-being, Allies provides integrated medical care, supportive human services, and community-based education for individuals living with, or at risk of HIV, viral hepatitis, and sexually transmitted infections.
Allies envisions a healthier community whereby people access integrated medical care and supportive human services in a respectful setting, free of stigma and discrimination.
- Work with assigned clients to develop and maintain an up-to-date service coordination plan;
- Monitor, evaluate and record client progress according to measurable goals described in care plan;
- Assist clients in determining initial and ongoing eligibility for HUD assistance;
- Communicate and enforce standards and contracts with clients and landlords;
- Maintain data in HMIS (Homeless Management Information System);
- Utilize techniques and principles of Harm Reduction, Motivational Interviewing, and Trauma Informed Care;
- Meet with all assigned clients on a quarterly basis to ensure service coordination plans, certifications and medical documentation for specific programs and administrative paperwork are current;
- Refer client to community resources to provide access to services such as medical, mental health, drug and alcohol, financial assistance, government programs, legal aid, housing, transportation, job placement and education;
- Advocate for clients to resolve crises and process emergency funding assistance;
- Collaborate with other professionals to evaluate client’s medical or physical condition and to assess needs;
- Establish and maintain timely follow-up with clients, referrals and coordination of care;
- Record all client interactions and services in electronic case management system on daily basis;
- Complete all administrative tasks according to Allies and HUD’s guidelines for billing, reimbursement and reporting;
- Provide feedback to improve client services;
- Evaluate outcomes by measuring, tracking and analyzing results;
- Improve job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations and best practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
The Case Manager – Housing Coordinator should have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Interviewing clients to gather information about their backgrounds, needs or progress in order to develop and manage service coordination plans;
- Working with a multitude of agencies to coordinate referrals;
- Assisting clients from diverse backgrounds and circumstances in obtaining and maintaining housing;
- Basic knowledge and understanding of AIDS/HIV;
- Drug and alcohol service coordination and care;
- Mental health service coordination and care;
- Writing service notes in electronic health record system;
- Balancing and prioritizing patient and administrative responsibilities;
A bachelor’s degree in social work or similar area is required; an MSW is preferred.
Previous experience working with HUD programming and HMIS are required.
All case managers must have a current driver’s license, auto insurance and access to a reliable personal vehicle.
How to Apply
A cover letter with salary requirements may be emailed to Mark Marsen at email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted through 3/15/2020.