Allies for Health + Wellbeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Resumes + cover letters with salary requirements for posted positions can be sent directly to:
Director of Human Resources
5913 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
The Administrative Assistant is an important part of our efforts to connect people with the services we offer. This position is responsible for the day-to-day completion of the front desk duties, which includes greeting visitors to the agency, answering and directing phone calls, general office support, and registering and scheduling clinic patients. The Administrative Assistant is a vital part of our efforts to build a setting that is respectful, and free of stigma and discrimination.
To improve health and well-being, ALLIES provides integrated medical care, supportive human services, and community-based education for individuals living with, or at risk of HIV, viral hepatitis, and sexually transmitted infections.
ALLIES envisions a healthier community whereby people access integrated medical care and supportive human services in a respectful setting, free of stigma and discrimination.
- Answer the telephone, screen calls, take messages and direct callers to appropriate staff member or services
- Provide information about the agency and its services while being mindful of confidentiality
- Greet clients, patients and visitors and direct them to appropriate department after assessing their needs
- Check in patients, verify and update demographic and insurance information in medical record
- Check out patients as well as scheduling new or existing patients according to the guidelines
- Collection of payments and cash reconciliation
- Closeout procedures, batching and transaction reports
- Maintain Lobby’s appearance and inventory throughout the day
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and client records
- Process postage of outgoing mail and certified mail
- Coordinate the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies
- Assist staff members with photocopying, faxing, filing, collating, mailing, and contacting clients and patients
- Maintain agency phone recordings updated as needed
- Maintain agency closure signage up to date
- Take and transcribe staff meeting notes and make available to entire staff once completed.
- Operation of typical office equipment such as multi-line telephones, copiers, printers, and computers
- Microsoft Outlook and software programs such as Word and Excel
- Common safety hazards and processes to maintain safe work environment
- Very strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with co-workers, visitors, and non-agency representatives
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to work with diverse groups and special populations
- Ability to perform different tasks simultaneously
Education & Experience
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent career experience required; Associates Degree is preferred
- One year of general office experience
- Customer service experience in an environment providing service to diverse groups
- One year of front office experience in medical field preferred
The Administrative Assistant will be called upon to engage in physical activity related to general office work including the capacity to lift 25 lbs. and stand or sit for extended periods. Current PA child abuse, PA criminal history, and Federal criminal history clearances are required within the first 30 days of employment.
Digital Media Health + Wellbeing Intern – Fall 2018
Allies for Health + Wellbeing is currently seeking a creative, diligent, and eager to learn Digital Media Intern for the fall. Working at our Pittsburgh, PA office, the digital media intern will be responsible for aspects of graphic design and social media that support brand development and management for both digital and print platforms. This position will assist in the organization, management, and design of content targeting individuals living with, or at risk of HIV, viral hepatitis and sexually transmitted infections, along with many primary medical care services.
- Grow and monitor social media presence and profiles
- Assist with maintaining our social media calendar of upcoming events, holidays and more
- Assist in creating and maintaining calendar tools for unpaid posting activities
- Assist in content design through the production of compelling, brand consistent assets (website content, logos, info-graphics, flyers, marketing materials, social media graphics, promotional items, newsletters, etc.)
- Assist with social media interactions, impressions and conversion strategy
- Work closely with Allies for Health + Wellbeing Public Health + Wellbeing Intern
- Keep detailed notes of progress and planning
- Other duties as assigned by Allies for Health + Wellbeing Marketing + Communications Manager
- Pursuing or has completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Multimedia, Journalism, Public Relations, Political Science, Public Health or other related fields.
- Demonstrates ability in best practices of social media applications such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Familiar with ethnographic research methods
- Personal Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn Profile
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite Software, Premier, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Part-time (10 – 12 hours/week)
- 13 weeks
- Unpaid or can be used for college credit
- Acquire valuable, real-life experience
- Collaborate with multiple interns and community stakeholders in the organization’s mission
- Flexible hours
- Receive ownership of tools created for a professional portfolio
- Complete the internship with a portfolio of work to show potential employers