Allies for Health + Wellbeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For folks interested in the below positions(s), a resume and cover letter should be sent to :
Allies for Health + Wellbeing
As part of the Allies healthcare staff, the Medical Assistant is responsible for ensuring that our patients receive care that is respectful, understandable, and individualized. As such, the Medical Assistant will work closely with our Medical Providers to establish and deliver standards of patient service, forge ongoing relationships with those to whom care is provided, ensure that regulatory guidelines are being followed, and be an advocate for ALLIES’ mission. The Medical Assistant will work collaboratively with other clinic and agency staff, and a multitude of agencies.
To improve health and well-being, ALLIES provides integrated medical care, supportive human services, and community-based education for individuals living with, or at risk of HIV, viral hepatitis, and sexually transmitted infections.
ALLIES envisions a healthier community whereby people access integrated medical care and supportive human services in a respectful setting, free of stigma and discrimination.
- Prepare patients for and assist with examinations or treatments
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records in Electronic Heath Record (EHR) system
- Administer medications to patients as ordered and monitor patients for reactions or side effects
- Record patients’ medical information and vital signs
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients’ conditions
- Prepare rooms, sterilize instruments, equipment, or supplies and ensure that inventory of supplies is maintained
- Perform specified laboratory tests and blood draws
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments
- Receive and route messages, documents, and results
- Transmit correspondence or medical records by mail, e-mail, or fax
- Instruct patients to complete documents, case histories, or forms, such as intake or insurance forms
- Schedule tests or procedures for patients, such as lab work or x-rays, based on practitioner orders
- Keep abreast of regulatory processes and payer systems such as Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, and private sources
- Provide feedback to improve clinic services
- Assist ALLIES administrative staff
- Improve professional knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations and best practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Utilization of electronic health record software for patient demographics, medical care, and scheduling
- Microsoft Outlook and software programs such as Word and Excel
- Common safety hazards and processes to maintain safe work environment
- Very strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with patients, co-workers, visitors, and non-agency representatives
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to work with diverse groups and special populations
- Ability to prioritize between multiple tasks and responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Certification as a Medical Assistant is strongly preferred
- Two years of MA experience in a primary care or clinic setting
- Customer service experience in an environment providing service to diverse groups
The Medical Assistant will be called upon to engage in physical activity appropriate to a primary medical care environment including the capacity to lift 25 lbs. and stand or sit for extended periods. Current PA child abuse, PA criminal history, and Federal criminal history clearances are required within the first 30 days of employment.